Oil Burner Cleaning Service (Preventive Maintenance)
When winter is approaching, you need a home heating system that can guide you through the coldest months of the year. The breakdown of an oil burner or furnace can make you uncomfortable at best, and it can create a dangerous situation at worst. We offer preventive maintenance including oil burner cleaning for your furnace to ensure your burner is in peak condition before fall and winter arrive. Through our network of dealers in New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, and Delaware we deliver peace of mind.
Your Oil Burner Should Be Functioning at Its Peak Performance
When you live in New England, New York, Pennsylvania and other northern states, your heating system works hard throughout the winter. That's why it's so important to conduct oil furnace preventive maintenance each year.
Preventive maintenance for your heating system includes:
- Replace oil filter.
- Replace burner nozzle.
- Replace oil pump strainer.
- Purge oil line of air (bleed) after above parts are replaced.
- Open and inspect chimney flue and vacuum chimney base, close port and secure component parts.
- Clean, brush and vacuum boiler chambers.
- Perform combustion efficiency test.
- Check thermostat.
- Start-up and check system for proper operation.
Get Peace of Mind and Security This Season
At Smart Touch Energy, we'll keep you comfortable during the coldest months of the year. If you need repairs to your system or emergency service, you can work directly with the provider who performed your preventive oil burner maintenance.
Why Burner Cleaning Is Important
You rely on your furnace to keep you warm all winter long. Regular preventive maintenance is an important part of being a responsible homeowner and can potentially save you money! Here's why:
- A warm home isn't just a luxury. When winter temperatures roll in, your furnace comes to play an increasingly important role in your home comfort. Unreliable home heat can cause illness, particularly in young children, the elderly or anyone with asthma or a compromised immune system. Keep your home cozy, and you'll sleep better, have more energy and generally be better positioned to take on and make the most of the winter!
- Heating fuel is expensive. The better-maintained your oil burner is, the more efficient your overall system will be. A small investment in annual oil burner service can save you considerable amounts on your fuel costs — an important benefit as unpredictable weather and fluctuating fuel prices increasingly become a fact of life. By some estimates, a well-maintained boiler can reduce fuel usage by as much as 10% over the course of a winter.
- Warmer is better for your home. Freezing temperatures can cause a number of problems in your home, including burst pipes, mold and mildew growth, and more. Maintaining and cleaning your oil boiler reduces the risk of a breakdown that can have a ripple effect throughout the home. Even if you don't mind the cold, your home will be in better shape when your burner is working its best.
- Small problems can quickly become big ones. If not caught and corrected early, a minor problem with your oil burner can quickly turn into something requiring a major repair. The point of oil burner maintenance isn't just to ensure maximum efficiency — it's also to perform preventative repairs ahead of time. Little things like checking the nozzle and filter, cleaning the oil burner and fixing minor wear and tear can all prevent problems down the line.
- A well-maintained burner is better for the environment. Clean-burning heating oil can be an environmentally friendly alternative to other fuels, but only if your burner is working its best. Regular service for your oil burner helps ensure it continues to deliver efficient performance — something that's not only good for your wallet, but that also reduces your environmental impact.
- Oil burner maintenance can save lives. Perhaps the most important reason for regular oil burner maintenance is the threat of carbon monoxide poisoning. Known as a silent killer, carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is produced in all fuel-burning appliances. If your oil burner isn't serviced properly, carbon monoxide can leak into your home, potentially causing serious illness or even death.
These are just a few of the many reasons why it's important to keep your home oil burner cleaned and maintained regularly. At Smart Touch Energy, we recommend annual oil burner preventive maintenance before the start of the season, so any problems can be identified early and corrected.
Got a question?
If you have questions regarding oil burner cleaning please contact the Smart Touch support team.